[Qgis-developer] Release plans

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Jun 30 00:08:29 PDT 2014

Il 27/06/2014 10:43, Vincent Picavet ha scritto:

> We should definitly get more information on our user base, gather statistics
> (anonymous, or through website stats), so that we can know what really matters
> to our users. We should not develop software for ourselves, but for people who
> really use it. And final polish is probably the most important part. Yes this
> includes taking care of the user, marketing, ergonomy, fine wording and many
> things developers do not want to do or are bad at doing.

Hi Vincent,
this is a long standing issue (we have been discussing this extensively
since Zuerich HF). I agree that knowing our user base is quite important
for the future of the project.
Of course we should not be obtrusive, and fully respect the privacy of
users, but I think something can be done on this, maybe along the lines
of Debian's popularity contest http://popcon.debian.org/
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu