[Qgis-developer] Fwd: A pipinstall plugin is possible? First: What's the difference between the the Osgeo4w Shell?

Luca Mandolesi mandoluca at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 02:32:14 PST 2014

Hi to all,
I'm trying to realize a little plugin to install python modules on windows
via pip.

In first, I would like make a simple thing:
Run get-pip.py inside the plugin  but I encounter two different problem:

What is the shell to call? (Please, don't mind If I point at dufour, is my
qgis crushtest dummy )

subprocess.call('C:\\PROGRA~2\\QGISDU~1\\Osgeo4W.bat python get-pip.py')

or

subprocess.call('"C:\Program Files (x86)\QGIS Dufour\OSGeo4W.bat python
get-pip.py')

Apparently they are the same, but if I install something through  python
inside one, I cannot import the module inside the other.

So, what's the right way to call inside a python plugin the shell?

I found also some problems in using subprocess on windows, and I'm
developping using QProcess class.

Second question:
If I run
subprocess.call('"C:\Program Files (x86)\QGIS Dufour\OSGeo4W.bat python
get-pip.py')

I receive: Nothing distributions at all found fo install...

So the solution are easy: distribute qgis with pip and easy_install inside,
or install pip and easy_intall from shell as I did, then we can use the
plugin as you check out in my screenshots:
[0]

So, if you have suggestions plese let me know.

Best regards
Luca

[0]
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Z6xJHji33E8/UxURKBr1NpI/AAAAAAAADrg/2XWnxf7q6fA/w1075-h604-no/testpipinstaller.PNG