[Qgis-developer] Common QGIS Plugin configuration accross multiple Linux users

Zoltan Szecsei zoltans at geograph.co.za
Sun Mar 9 14:19:13 PDT 2014

On 2014/03/09 22:48, Blumentrath, Stefan wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> A platform independent solution would be an elegant solution.
>
> What we do (on Windows) is having a folder on a server containing QGIS default settings (e.g. reg-files for DB-connections, Connections for web services, but also, most popular plugins, map and print composer templates). These default settings can be imported by the users by executing a simple batch-script we produced for that purpose. If that is of interest for somebody I could post the content of the .bat file...
>
>  From that starting point, colleagues can adjust the default settings to their personal needs and preferences...
This is great - the extra step that I would like to see is that it is
not only built in and automated, but has controls whereby an
administrator could "force" certain PCs on the network to only be able
to use the configs stipulated by the master installation of QGIS.
When one is managing 15+ PCs it is not trivial to make sure that you
have copied identical configs to all of them, and to know when someone
has kindly messed up one of your production PCs.
Rgds,
Zoltan

> Cheers
> Stefan

Zoltan Szecsei PrGISc [PGP0031]
Geograph (Pty) Ltd.
GIS and Photogrammetric Service

P.O. Box 7, Muizenberg 7950, South Africa.

Mobile: +27-83-6004028
Fax:    +27-86-6115323     www.geograph.co.za