[Qgis-developer] availability for mentoring - OsGeo Summer Code

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Mar 10 08:04:05 PDT 2014

This is really good topic and there is no schematization tools in any FOSS GIS as of now. There is one generalization plugin but no tools for schematization in QGIS.

There is an active academic community interested in this. For example, see one of the workshops on schematization http://www.dagstuhl.de/en/program/calendar/semhp/?semnr=10461

This will a really useful tool for lot of students and faculty (and there are many students and interested faculty wishing to work on this SoC topic), so it will be great if any QGIS developers can be a mentor for this project as it will then help build schematization platform for QGIS. Thanks.

Suchith