[Qgis-developer] Various design issues in the Properties>Fields interface

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Fri Mar 14 01:18:10 PDT 2014

The first one (D&D dialog too wide) is an issue I experienced as well
(maybe gnome specific?) and should not be too hard to fix.

I think the second one should be considered a design issue caused by
too many stuff put into the fields tab

 * Info about attributes
 * Form layout style
 * D&D designer
 * Python init script path
 * Relations

I could imagine splitting this into two (or even three) different tabs
would be nice:

 * Fields (in the future will contain controls for default values, NULL
constraints, domains etc.)
 * Forms (D&D designer, .ui definition, form layout style, python init
script path)
 * Maybe a relations tab where relations can be managed (This could
eventually replace the join tab as soon as all functionality is covered)

If somebody wants to do some mockups for how this could be visually
improved I would highly appreciate that.

Best
Matthias