[Qgis-developer] Possible bug when turning edit mode off and on "too often"

Jakob Lanstorp jlanstorp at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 02:37:10 PDT 2014

I have also experienced extremely slow edit mode toggle on several computers
running W7 and OSGEO4W when the QGIS project has been opened for some hours.

I believe this might be due to accessing data through VPN. The QGIS projects
used has c. 10 small shapefiles and 1 or 2 WMS/WFS services included.
Restarting QGIS fixes the toggle edit mode issue for a few hours.

While we're at the slow stuff: Also start of QGIS is very slow taking up to
2 minutes.
Closing VPN and restarting QGIS 2 times solves the slow QGIS start for data
not on a VPN network. The slow start is probably QGIS looking for data on a
not opened VPN network.

Jakob

-----
Jakob Lanstorp