[Qgis-developer] Problems editing WFS in QGIS

Scott Clark sctevl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 06:58:31 PDT 2014

Upon further investigation it appears that WFS authentication is
broken.  Further testing shows that the Add WFS dialog does not display
layers that require basic auth - even when the login is supplied.  It
will only show the public layers.  Note that the WMS auth works great
for me.

When you try to edit a WFS-T, I believe it is also failing to use the
supplied login info.  Which results in the error I'm seeing below.

I've added the additional details to the existing bug at
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/9234

Since this makes WFS of very limited use, is this planned to be fixed in
an up-coming release?  I'll happily be a tester for this!

Scott