[Qgis-developer] Cleaning up the plugin queue

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Mar 24 14:34:35 PDT 2014

On 03/24/2014 02:22 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> After a short talk with Richard, I feel it is important to clean up the
> unapproved plugin queue: we had about 40 plugins, some from 2012.
> I'm writing the authors to ask for missing info, then I
> approve/unapprove as I believe it is best for the project.
> Of course I may be wrong, please forgive me: I think it is better to
> approve a less than perfect plugin than leave dozens of potentially good
> ones in the shade, and frustrate their authors and potential users.
> Any suggestion and feedback welcome.

Agreed, the point of approval isn't to vet the quality of the program -
"experimental" is always welcome. I'd say anything with less than
perfect information/quality just be flagged "experimental".

I understood the intent of approval process was to prevent distribution
of malicious code, spam and other nefarious purposes.

Thanks,
Alex