[Qgis-developer] [GRASS-dev] GRASS & QGIS: the future

Vaclav Petras wenzeslaus at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 07:28:19 PDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 9:38 AM, Blumentrath, Stefan <
Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no> wrote:

> I also understand that at some point in time one will have to use GRASS
> directly in order to access full functionality (e.g. ortho-rectification,
> nviz, mapswipe, animation and stuff), which makes the way Moritz suggests
> maybe even more reasonable...

I hope that we find the way to start these tools from QGIS. Tck/Tk nviz is
starting in this way. I hope that it will be possible to do the same for
g.gui.* modules.

Also, it would be nice if the QGIS GRASS vector digitizer (plugin/tool)
would use the same backend as vector digitizer in GRASS wxGUI (Python
subprocessing exit-safe wrapper). Now the first problem is that there is no
reusable backend in wxGUI.

Vaclav