[Qgis-developer] Next Code Sprint?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Mar 28 10:48:20 PDT 2014

On 03/28/2014 02:28 AM, Anita Graser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 27.03.2014, 14:30 Uhr, schrieb Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:
>> Since most of us are from Europe, I guess moving _en masse_ to USA will
>> not be an option, both because of logistic and financial constraints.
>
> I think you're right Paolo. Flights and hotels to the US - even for only
> the core developers - would probably quite quickly reduce our project
> budget.
>
>> An alternative will be to participate, but also having "satellite"
>> simultaneous HFs in other locations, investing more heavily in efficient
>> communication (videoconferencing, etc.).
>
> +1 Having video conferencing available - at least in one room - would
> also allow us to connect with developers all over the rest of the world
> and with interested users.
> It would be great if anyone knows somebody experienced in
> videoconferencing who could help in setting things up.
>
> Best wishes,
> Anita

It's been on my idea list for a while:
http://bigbluebutton.org/

Though sometimes it's just easier to do a ustream
OR for the super simple but still meeting style, Google Hangout.

If the EU devs can't make the US, the Pacific Northwest might be a good
location - since there is interest from Alaska. Lets see how the DC QGIS
user meeting coming up goes and play with the ideas some more.

Also, don't forget about the possibility for a few people to face to
face at FOSS4g in Portland this year (Code sprint room provided).

Thanks,
Alex