[Qgis-developer] GDAL 1.11 new formats

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed May 7 12:21:44 PDT 2014

Le mercredi 07 mai 2014 20:51:53, Larry Shaffer a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> GDAL/OGR 1.11 offers several new OGR formats [0] that need support added in
> QGIS's source. I have added the OpenFileGDB format (because it was simple
> to do) [1], but don't have enough experience with the other database
> formats to add their support.
>
> * CartoDB : read/write support

--> Not file based, but remote database. Should be dealt like others
myDatabaseDrivers cases

> * GME (Google Map Engine) : read/write support

--> Remote database too.

> * GPKG (GeoPackage): read-write support (vector part of the spec.)

--> File-based (similar to CSV) Extension is .gpkg

> * SXF: read-only support

--> File-based. Extension is SXF

> * WALK : read-only support

--> Similar to PGEO. It is a MDB database

> * WAsP .map : read-write support

--> File-based. Extension is .map

--
Geospatial professional services