[Qgis-developer] [Plugin presentation] LayerBender

Olivier Dalang olivier.dalang at gmail.com
Tue May 27 02:01:40 PDT 2014

Hi Denis,

The old-to-new plans scenario I was talking about is with very old maps,
which have strong deformations (actually mapping errors).

But still, I like the idea of being able to stick to a simpler
transformation even with more points, least-squaring the points.

The main difference is that allowing this would also lead to results where
the entered points do not perfectly match after the transformation, making
the "transform pairs to pin" option unusable, which won't be easy to deal
with from and UI point of view...

I'll keep it in mind though !

Thanks for the feedback !!

Olivier