[Qgis-developer] 2.6: first overview

James Wood jwood911 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 18:50:20 PST 2014

Nic,
I upgraded to 2.6.0 x64 using the stand-alone installer for Windows (I have two machines: OS 8 and 7 SP1). I am not experiencing the attribute table editing issue that you describe. I experienced a couple of crash dump error windows on exit, but these were mostly while saving older QGIS documents to the new format that also had pathing problems to some layers. Once saved as a 2.6 doc, I have not had any crash dump errors on exit. Also, with respect to the Browse option for unhandled layers, it was greyed out for me when the referenced MSSQL spatial DB had already been deleted. Obviously, these layers were inconsequential, but it would have been easy to manually enter the new instance path had I needed to.

Love the new features and improvements with 2.6...

All the best,
James