[Qgis-developer] QGIS web client not displaying full WMS extent

Blumentrath, Stefan Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no
Tue Nov 4 05:50:42 PST 2014

Hi,

I am having some trouble with properly displaying a WMS in QGIS 2.5:

The web-client (http://kart.fiskeridir.no/default.aspx?gui=1&lang=1 (activate e.g. first layer in the "Fiskeriaktivitet"-tab) for the WMS I use displays a much wider data extent than the WMS in QGIS (http://kart.fiskeridir.no/wms.aspx? , here one may have to set tile size (something like 1000x1000) and choose png format in order to make it visible). In QGIS the WMS seems to be clipped in N,S,E, and W, while another proprietary GIS displays the WMS correctly (like the web-client)...

Any idea what the problem could be here?

Is it a user issue, a server issue or is it a web-client issue and probably related to (or a variant of):
https://hub.qgis.org/issues/10634
?
I was using QGIS 2.5 master (d833c22) through OSGeo4W.

Thanks in advance for helping.

Cheers
Stefan

P.S.: I had this posting already on the user-mailinglist, but managed to send it into another existing thread (and got no response), so I hope you do not mind that I re-send it to the devs-list...