[Qgis-developer] MTR and Postgis - lots of crashes

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 01:48:45 PST 2014

On 06.11.2014 10:43, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am I the only one that still gets a lot of crashes with complex
> projects when the data sources are on Postgis and MTR (parallel
> rendering in multiple cores) is turned on? I get most crashes on
> Windows, hardly any on Linux, but this may be due to the fact that
> Linux accesses Postgis locally, whereas the Win QGIS clients access
> Postgis remotely. Turning off MTR --> no more crashes.
>
> Is MTR and Postgis working flawlessly for everyone?
>
> These crashes really annoy me and I have to turn off MTR until these
> problems are fixed.
>
> Thank you for any hints / sharing your experiences with Postgis and MTR.
I experienced freezes with MTR when I used joined attributes for
symbology/labelling. The joins being not cached.
My interpretation was that the number of allowed connections to postgres
reached its maximum, and hence no connection is available to fetch the
layers used for labeling/symbology.

Caching all my joins saved the problem on my side.

I don't experience any trouble either on win or linux, and I suppose I
can say I have complex projects ;)

Denis