[Qgis-developer] Fwd: Question re: rotating an SVG

Jesse McGraw jlmcgraw at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 10:56:47 PST 2014

I'm attempting to use an SVG image of a compass rose as a background
element that is rotated by a data defined number of degrees.

Currently, when the image is rotated, the numbers on the outside of the
ring are not rotating as expected along with the rest of the image (I want
to rotate the image as a whole).

I thought perhaps QGIS might be rotating each object within the SVG
independently but that doesn't seem to be the case either

Am I doing something wrong or is this an issue with the SVG or perhaps
QGIS' SVG rendering?

I've included links to the SVG itself as well as a screenshot of what it
currently looks like in QGIS and what I'd expect it to look like (as done
manually in Inkscape).

SVG
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4EbUsrclSoDU0hqWWdsVlBjcGM/view?usp=sharing

QGIS rotated image
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4EbUsrclSoDWjhTSFJtM0FkRVU/view?usp=sharing

Inkscape rotated image
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4EbUsrclSoDdFlRQ2o2cVF1N0E/view?usp=sharing

Relevant QGIS info (running under Xubuntu linux x64 13.10)

QGIS version    2.6.0-Brighton
QGIS code revision    exported
Compiled against Qt    4.8.6
Running against Qt    4.8.6
Compiled against GDAL/OGR    1.10.1
Running against GDAL/OGR    1.10.1
Compiled against GEOS    3.4.2-CAPI-1.8.2
Running against GEOS    3.4.2-CAPI-1.8.2 r3921
PostgreSQL Client Version    9.3.4
SpatiaLite Version    4.1.1
QWT Version    5.2.3
PROJ.4 Version    480