[Qgis-developer] Stability (2.8 LTS) vs development (3.0), a proposed way forward

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Nov 10 02:05:17 PST 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 09:56:22AM +0000, Nathan Woodrow wrote:

> relevant.. This obviously has to be done smart but using the recent crash
> and project corruption as an example that Martin fixed right away, to me
> this warrants a new release off that branch, LTS or not, as project
> corruption is a really really bad look.

Well, while I'd agree on that if there was no concept of LTS, in presence
of LTS whatever corruption happens would have to be expected by users
in all but LTS releases, meaning there'd be no rush to ever cut a new
release unless the "week of silence following fix in LTS branch" event
happens.

How far away would next (first) LTS be ?

--strk;

Please help taking QGIS to the next level of quality. Before November 15 !
http://blog.vitu.ch/10102014-1046/crowdfunding-initiative-automated-testing