[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-tr] size of translations, use a distinct repo?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Nov 12 00:31:56 PST 2014

Hi Werner,

On Tue, 11. Nov 2014 at 23:24:07 +0100, Werner Macho wrote:
> Sounds like a reasonable idea to me, if the translations will be in
> nightly I've got no problem (and I also think that the translators
> don't have any). For people compiling out of sources it shouldn't be
> any problem to pull from transifex either and compile.

If I update qgis_en.ts the usual way, there are now differences (e.g. '
instead of ').  Looks like qgis_en.ts was pulled from transifex.  Is that
necessary for anything?  And how does transifex handle changes like that?

On second thought do we need a uptodate qgis_en.ts in our repository at all?
QGIS doesn't use it - it's only there for transifex to watch.

Instead of updating and commiting it in the source repository (and see lots of
otherwise useless changes) we could simply have update_ts_files.sh pull it from
transifex, update it with the latest source changes and push it back.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode