[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-tr] size of translations, use a distinct repo?

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 00:41:59 PST 2014

Hi Jürgen!

I am not sure what are you aiming at, but yes - we could do it that way too.
As long as QGIS does not use qgis_en.ts we could just tx pull it -
update it and tx push it back to transifex.
(And forget about it in the source tree). The same way we could do it
with all the translations.. pulling the right in front of a compile
run and forget about them afterwards and only commit them right in
front of a branching the release branch.
As I said - as long as translations can be considered to be in the
nightly build I am confident that people compiling QGIS on their own
can also pull translations before they build.
The only problem I see is when nightly is not updating translations
and people cannot see their translations (and possibly adjust it).
(This only because I sometimes got asked about updating the languages
in the source tree so that translators can see the work before it is
getting "released")
If I am getting you correct we could update the i18n directory only
once per release. Is this what you are aiming for?

kind regards
Werner