[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.6 compilation on Windows

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Wed Nov 19 14:09:22 PST 2014

Hi Martin,

I think I ran into this recently. There was a commit in 2.6 [0] that
apparently requires a newer version of flex or bison (bison 3.x, I think?)
than is available with the GnuWin32 project as noted in INSTALL [1].
Instead I used the precompiled binaries available from the 'Win flex-bison'
project [2] and specified the CMake paths:

-D BISON_EXECUTABLE=C:/path/to/win_flex_bison-latest/win_bison \
-D FLEX_EXECUTABLE=C:/path/to/win_flex_bison-latest/win_flex

Looks like the CMake find modules need updated to look for those binaries.
I suppose you could also build the latest packages yourself.

[0]
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/2427546d8850c7f0b2ca191b238a77c49f648510
[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/INSTALL#L583-L584
[2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/winflexbison/