[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.6 compilation on Windows

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 06:46:26 PST 2014

Dear Larry,

> I think I ran into this recently. There was a commit in 2.6 [0] that
> apparently requires a newer version of flex or bison (bison 3.x, I think?)

for record osgeo4w environment reports:

> flex --version
flex version 2.5.4

> bison --version
bison (GNU Bison) 2.4.1

> than is available with the GnuWin32 project as noted in INSTALL [1]. Instead
> I used the precompiled binaries available from the 'Win flex-bison' project
> [2] and specified the CMake paths:
>
> -D BISON_EXECUTABLE=C:/path/to/win_flex_bison-latest/win_bison \
> -D FLEX_EXECUTABLE=C:/path/to/win_flex_bison-latest/win_flex

OK, I downloaded executables from [2] and placed to my osgeo4w
environment, then modified `package.cmd`

        -D BISON_EXECUTABLE=%O4W_ROOT%/bin/win_bison ^
        -D FLEX_EXECUTABLE=%O4W_ROOT%/bin/win_flex

> win_flex --version
win_flex 2.5.37

> win_bison --version
bison (GNU Bison) 2.7

> Looks like the CMake find modules need updated to look for those binaries. I
> suppose you could also build the latest packages yourself.

But I am still getting the same error. Rather that updating CMake file
it would make sense to include required version of flex and bison into
OSgeo4W environment I would say. Any idea how to solve this problem?
Martin

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa