[Qgis-developer] Processing with raster files > 4GB

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Sat Nov 22 05:28:38 PST 2014

> AFAIK Processing does not import the raster, but uses it as an external data source
> (if not, it should).

yes you are right, it uses r.external.

>> I agree anyway that it too bad that the qgis raster calculator (and
>> georeferencer) are drawing so little attention. Maybe there isn't much
>> people that uses them?
>
> quite possible; however, maintaining multiple calcs seems more of a burden than an
> advantage.

yes I understand, but we have a clear issue. The qgis raster calc is
broken and when it works it need a very cumbersome logic (especially
for common tasks like reclassifying). GRASS r.reclass works fine, but
it does not allow to enter interactively the reclass rules (that can
be an advantage in some situations, but usually for quick
reclassifications is not), so adding gdal raster calc seems anyway a
good idea.

cheers!