[Qgis-developer] Processing with raster files > 4GB

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Nov 22 10:52:07 PST 2014

Hi all.

Il 22/11/2014 14:28, Giovanni Manghi ha scritto:
> yes I understand, but we have a clear issue. The qgis raster calc is
> broken and when it works it need a very cumbersome logic (especially
> for common tasks like reclassifying). GRASS r.reclass works fine, but
> it does not allow to enter interactively the reclass rules (that can
> be an advantage in some situations, but usually for quick
> reclassifications is not), so adding gdal raster calc seems anyway a
> good idea.

sorry I was unclear: I meant I do not see the point in maintaining a qgis raster
calc, given the problems you refer, and the availability of several alternatives
(also the saga one).
I agree that adding gdal raster calc is a plus, especially because it requires
minimal effort compared to fixing and maintaining qgis one.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
Corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html