[Qgis-developer] [plugins] refreshing canvas

Alexia Mondot alexia at mondot.fr
Sun Nov 23 16:16:03 PST 2014

Hi all,

I have a plugin using a customized version of Dockable Mirror Map.
I use it to display each processing result in a new view.

I get a strange behaviour with my plugin :
Some times, the canvas stays white. A scroll in it is fine to reload it
and my image is displayed.
I get this problem since the beginning of the development on QIGS 2.2.
It is for me a "random" problem, because I can't say why I get these
white canvas. But, when I get it I save the projet with the white view,
and when reloaded, the canvas is still white.

I've played with canvas.refresh(), canvas renderer flags and even with
canvas.freeze().
I can't understand the behaviour I get, maybe I have a wrong usage of
the properties above.
I also thought about triggerRepaint()...

Thanks by advance,
Alexia