[Qgis-developer] Heatmap renderer: caching possible?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Nov 26 14:49:24 PST 2014

Hi,

I tried the new heatmap renderer in QGIS master. It works nicely.

I wonder if we could introduce a caching mechanism in a temporary raster
layer to speed up zooming and panning? The idea would be to recreate the
heatmap every time the project is loaded and then cache it while the
project is open. At least as an option. For small data or smaller search
radius the live behaviour would still work well, but for larger data
sets of larger search radius, such a cache raster would speed things up
significantly, especially in a server scenario.

Would such a cache be technically possible and useful?

Andreas