[Qgis-developer] Core dump when starting QGIS

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Nov 30 23:04:00 PST 2014

Hi,

I recently upgraded from Kubuntu 14.04 to 14.10. With the current master
I get a core dump when starting QGIS. I removed the build directory and
recreated the settings with ccmake. The compile works fine but when I
start QGIS I get a core dump. Here are the startup messages:

-------------------------------------

Warning: loading of qt translation failed
[/usr/share/qt4/translations/qt_en_US]
Warning: Bus::open: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
IBusInputContext::createInputContext: no connection to ibus-daemon
Warning: QGraphicsScene::addItem: item has already been added to this scene
QGIS died on signal 11Could not attach to process.  If your uid matches
the uid of the target
process, check the setting of /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope, or try
again as the root user.  For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
ptrace: Operation not permitted.
No thread selected
No stack.
gdb returned 0
Aborted (core dumped)

I see the splash screen and immediately get a core dump. I don't even
see the main application window.

I wonder if there is a library problem after my Ubuntu update?

Thank you if you have any idea what I could do to solve my problem.

Andreas