[Qgis-developer] Fwd: Icon for delete selected polygon

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Wed Oct 1 00:30:04 PDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 12:44 AM, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Anita,
>
> I'm still not sure I really like that icon.  Personally I still think a
> simple bin is a good sign for delete.  It is the delete icon on OS X, Linux,
> and Windows, and most mobile apps.  Having a polygon and a cross still feels
> like "unselect" to me.  Just a personal feeling.

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the feedback! As far as I recall, we currently don't use
the bin anywhere, right? I'd expect Robert has his reasons why.
Do we agree that the current suggested icon is better than what's in
QGIS right now? Maybe we can take it step by step and for 2.6 at least
include this one improvement before we start the more general
discussion if there should be an X or a trash can?

Best wishes,
Anita