[Qgis-developer] Request for feature freeze exemption

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 04:41:38 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I've just posted a pull request #1601, which I'd like considered for
an exemption for feature freeze for 2.6. As mentioned in the PR:

What this feature does is add an option in the view menu for
compositions to hide the bounding boxes of the currently selected
feature. It's a standard feature in design programs as it allows you
to tweak the size and position of items and see exactly what the
result is without the bounding boxes / mouse resize handles getting in
the way.

Reasons for an exemption:

- the code is self contained, it has no impact on any other code
areas, so it's very low risk
- I know this part of the code base backwards - these changes don't
introduce any regressions
- it's a really handy feature to have and it's ready to go

Please consider merging this if you think a FFE is acceptable.

Cheers,
Nyall