[Qgis-developer] opening same table twice

Ramon Andiñach custard at westnet.com.au
Tue Oct 7 05:41:21 PDT 2014

On 07/10/2014, at 20:35 , Matthias Kuhn wrote:

> Hi Raymond,
>
> Just discussed this last week with Denis who thought that sometimes this
> is intentional (comparing two tables).

When I deliberately open a table more than once, this is why.

(Oft times I forget that I have a table open, because it's hiding behind another window, and then wonder why I have so many QGIS windows open.)

> We thought about having the possibility to have a split view on the
> table. Once this is possible we could prevent the attribute table from
> being opened several times for the same layer.

This would be handy.
It sounds like something that would work best on a big-ish screen.
How would the small screen users feel about this?

-ramon.