[Qgis-developer] opening same table twice

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 05:39:12 PDT 2014

On 07.10.2014 14:35, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
> Hi Raymond,
>
> Just discussed this last week with Denis who thought that sometimes this
> is intentional (comparing two tables).
>
> We thought about having the possibility to have a split view on the
> table. Once this is possible we could prevent the attribute table from
> being opened several times for the same layer.
>
> Opinions?
It might be worth preventing several tables by the mean time:
* I observed many times several tables open with users. I believe this
is not great for the memory.
* would be easier to fund the functionnality of comparing tables if you
can't do it with several dialogs ;)

I would vote for not letting more than one dialog per layer.

My 2 cts.