[Qgis-developer] opening same table twice

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Tue Oct 7 05:46:00 PDT 2014

Hi,

IMHO the current behaviour is not optimal. I often see my users having
the same table opened several times because the expected behaviour is
that if it is already open it comes to focus (similar as with opening
files). If the layer has many features opening the same table a second
(or third) time is awkard as it takes some time.

So how about having an option "Open only one instance of a layer's
table" that is ticked by default? Just untick if you need to compare
tables (e.g. with different filters applied).

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 10524 (20141007) __________

http://www.eset.com