[Qgis-developer] opening same table twice

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Wed Oct 8 01:45:00 PDT 2014

On 10/08/2014 10:25 AM, Martin Dobias wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Nathan Woodrow <madmanwoo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Two tables can also also have different filters. So you might want to
>> compare them.  Restricting to a single open table per layer is not good IMO,
>> but yes the side stacking option that currently happens is not ideal.
> What about to have behavior of the attribute table as before (open
> just one table / activate existing one), and in the attribute table
> toolbar we could have a button to clone or split the table.

And/Or we could have a button to open a new attribute table window.

I believe that Paolo's concerns are valid, that sometimes you need a
different filter. Having two filter lines in split view can crowd the
window and split view on small screens may be difficult to use, thus a
separate window could be better at times.

Anyway, default to raise the open table sounds reasonable.

Best
Matthias