[Qgis-developer] What does mean "empty tables" in "attribute table" item properties in a print composer?

Junior Delaz delazj at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 04:20:54 PDT 2014

Hi all,
I try to understand the use case of empty tables in print composer and am
still confused.

Create a new print composer and add an attribute table item
set its height enough to show more rows than the maximal values of features
you set.
Add a second frame to this item.

Is this second frame considered as "empty table" (as no feature attribute
will be displayed inside)?
According to the answer, I think I'll have many other questions about the
options in "empty tables" combo box.

The only "empty table" I found in my tests is when the first frame displays
nothing (because "maximal rows" is set to 0 or "show only visible features
within a map" is checked and nothing matches). Is it the only situation?

Can somebody explain to me, please?

Thanks in advance.
Harrissou