[Qgis-developer] What does mean "empty tables" in "attribute table" item properties in a print composer?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 13:33:08 PDT 2014

On 08/10/2014 10:20 pm, "Junior Delaz" <delazj at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I try to understand the use case of empty tables in print composer and am
still confused.

> Create a new print composer and add an attribute table item
> set its height enough to show more rows than the maximal values of
features you set.
> Add a second frame to this item.
>
> Is this second frame considered as "empty table" (as no feature attribute
will be displayed inside)?

No. This behavior only triggers when the entire table is empty. It is
designed for atlas prints, where the table's contents are being filtered by
the atlas. In this scenario it's possible that no records match the filter
for a particular atlas feature and you need to handle empty tables.

Nyall