[Qgis-developer] Please stop spamming commit logs!

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri Oct 10 00:37:40 PDT 2014

Hi Alessandro,

On Fri, 10. Oct 2014 at 09:11:46 +0200, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
> I noticed that somebody started to add commercials to commit logs:

> Sponsored by ....
> Funded by ...

> etc. etc.

> We should take this seriously, mostly ever developer works for a
> company or run its own business.

> Imagine if everybody starts adding those (not really useful) sentences
> to every commit.

> IMHO there othe (better)r ways to advertise our QGIS commitment.

Like?

This has been discussed in the PSC
(http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/PSC_Meeting_7_Feb_2014), but I'm not
actually sure what the outcome was.

I don't like that there is a necessity to do this - and I'd like to avoid it
too.   But I also think there needs to be a way to value contributions and
make it visible who invests into the project.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode