[Qgis-developer] Please stop spamming commit logs!

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 01:01:47 PDT 2014

I'm with Nyall.  I see no direct reason this is a bad idea.  If I do
something in my free time I don't care about getting recognition for it
because my direct work on the project is enough and if someone wants to see
what I do they can check my commit history or blog, however if I commit
something, say a feature that took be a while to make, on work time under
my employers name for them I think it's worth noting that they sponsored
that work.  Their contribution can be traced to that single commit and
pulled from the log.

The place it gets tricky is if you are running your own business committing
all the time for work reasons.

On the same note I do think it's worth having a page for each release with
a list of users who were active and sponsors that did the work.  This would
mean everyone gets highlighted for their work.  It doesn't need to be name
+ feature type of list, just a list of names is enough..

- Nathan