[Qgis-developer] Please stop spamming commit logs!

Jonathan Moules J.Moules at hrwallingford.com
Fri Oct 10 01:18:04 PDT 2014

Chiming in from the perspective of someone who was working for an occasional feature “sponsor” until recently (mostly GeoServer, but also one or two QGIS), we didn’t do it with the intent of getting our name in anything (be it commit log, appendix, or even <h1> on the project front-page). We did it because we needed a feature or wanted to help the project.
If we were doing it to raise awareness of our philanthropy, the commit log is quite probably the absolute last place we’d have wanted it to be.