[Qgis-developer] Please stop spamming commit logs!

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 03:23:09 PDT 2014

I personally do not see any problem in having a "Sponsored by" bottom line
even in every commit message. Maybe not the most correct thing to do, but
it doesn't bother me, just like it doesn't bother me to see the author of
the commit. As long as the first line of the message (which is the one
shown in log summaries) describes the change introduced by the commit, i
think it does no harm at all

If we do not want the log commit to be flooded with such lines, maybe we
can encourage people to put them only in merge commits. If someone is
sponsoring you to develop some new functionality, you are likely going to
be working on it on a separate branch. Write your comments normally and
when it gets merged into master, put your "Sponsored by XXX" tag in the
merge commit.

My 2 cents

Anyway, not such a big problem, IMHO