[Qgis-developer] Please stop spamming commit logs!

Jonathan Moules J.Moules at hrwallingford.com
Mon Oct 13 02:31:34 PDT 2014

Hi Larry,
At the risk of being a dissenting voice, is this really the message QGIS wants to spread? That sponsorship is king? As an Open Source GIS project, I would hope that its prowess lay in producing exceptional GI software rather than finding sponsorship. The later is a means to an end.

Also, what qualifies as “funded by”? There was a monetary transaction? In which case what about the people who donate code they created in their own time and have received no fiscal incentive at all – should not their contributions be similarly highlighted?

Cheers,
Jonathan