[Qgis-developer] Virtual Fields - Allow adding fields out of edit mode

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Tue Oct 14 00:56:00 PDT 2014

Hi Bernhard

>>> - shouldn't "create virtual field" be the default when layer is not in
>>> edit mode?
>>
>> I think it's more predictable (and therefore increases usability) for
>> users if it's either always on or always off by default. Don't you
>> think?
>
> Ok, agreed, so I opt for "always on" because it will always work

It should be "always on" for providers that do not allow to add
attributes. For others both options always work and I prefer to keep the
previous behavior (without broad agreement that this should be changed,
if you convince some people I may change my mind ;-) ).

>>> - could the check box "create virtual field" be placed to the right of
>>> "create a new field"?
>>
>> "Create a new field" is a group box.
>> Would you create another group box with all field type widgets?
>
> No of course not :-) I was not aware of the group box. I just had the
> impression it should be there, so moving it on top seems adequate.

Done!

Cheers
Matthias

--
Help getting QGIS to the next level of quality before November 15!
http://blog.vitu.ch/10102014-1046/crowdfunding-initiative-automated-testing