[Qgis-developer] 1:many relation enhancements

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 06:28:36 PDT 2014

Hi all,
I'm working with the 1:many relation tool (what an amazing tool!!) and I
get (maybe) some enhancement ideas.

I'll explain myself with a small example:

I have a geometry layer (Europe countries extracted from natural earth
database) and a table (dbf file downloaded from the EU database[0]) of
waste produced for every country from 1995 to 2012.

I made a form mask for the identify feature tool and when I open the
relation tab I can see relation of the table of all the waste produced
for every year.
But what if I want to see just the year 2010 for example? Or what if I
have 2 waste types in the same column (say urban waste and recycled) and
I want to see just the recycled one?

Do you think it is possible/easy/smart to add a sort of auto-filter tool
(like in Calc) so that the user can filter, and then display, just by
the values he wants?

Moreover (and finally), do you think that it would be possible also to
render by the linked table values? I mean, graduate all the countries of
the Europe layer with the recycled waste values coming from the dbf file?

I don't know if I have been clear enough, but I hope so else, be free to
ask clarifications

PS. here [1] a dropbox link with a zip file containing the layers and
the project file.. if anyone wants to try..

Thanks! Cheers

Matteo

[0]http://appsso.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/nui/submitViewTableAction.do
[1]https://www.dropbox.com/s/7j9e7sq3gcphkcz/project.zip?dl=0