[Qgis-developer] 1:many relation enhancements

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Mon Oct 20 12:21:15 PDT 2014

Hi,
I just finished a project with custom UI made with QTcreator with qgis
widgets. I successfully added the 1-n relations editor widget, ans it is
really a great feature.

+1 with filter suggestion to find a relation . a spatial filter  ( distance
or BBox index filtrer) would be the best filter.
I also saw some  possible improvements :
-  An option to choose default  view (attributs or form) is welcome ans
should be exposed in qtcreator too.
- blocking the tools to add or delete relations is wishable when administor
do not want  user to do it.
- a commit is made  for each row that has been clicked on (red italic
confirmation on form view). this leads to commits even if no data has  been
modified. is that possible to have detect commit status if data input is
made?

Mattheo, 1-n agregator are not yet in qgis, but it is easy in postgres or
SQLite to have a view agregate value to let qgis map it.
Cheers
Régis