[Qgis-developer] New processing manage fields algorithm

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 08:26:41 PDT 2014

That's definitely a nice idea. I guess this was what you started working on
at the Hackfest but i wasn't of much help since i wasn't understanding the
idea completely... :-(

Here are some suggestions:

- There are some algorithms that have a custom UI and that you can take as
example. The vector calculator is probably one of them
- You will need to create a custom UI for the modeler as well, in case you
want to appear with a nicer dialog than the default one. Processing
supports that, but there is no algorithm currently using it. I can take
care of that once you have the basic UI finished
- Sounds like it would be a nice algorithm to have for editing a layer.
That is, to modify it instead of generating a new one. You can do that by
not having a visible output layer in the UI, and just returning the input
layer source path instead as output value.

Let me know if you have questions.