[Qgis-developer] Print composers: should locked elements be selectable?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 14:06:36 PDT 2014

On 16 October 2014 07:23, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
> Hi Nyall,
>
> I guess I was just used to the old behavior.
>
> I have a lot of print composers with locked items (to avoid accidental
> movements) and was used to the fact that I could still select the locked
> items ...
>
> I guess I will get used to the new behavior. Please leave it as it is.

Sorry - forgot to reply to this. I was going to suggest that if you
make sure all your items have meaningful ids set then it's even easier
to lock/unlock them from the items panel. You can either set the id
through the item properties panel, or by quickly double clicking the
name in the items list panel.

You'll also observe that selecting a locked item in the items panel
will still draw a dotted highlight around the item on the canvas (and
allow you to edit the item properties via the panel). So it's quite
easy to identify items by clicking them in the list and seeing which
item is highlighted.

Hope that helps!
Nyall