[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Iconset from Google

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 23:53:41 PDT 2014

But we already have core implementation for this (I know, it is not merged
and also require server-side app). Maybe we should compare this two ways
and decide which one offers more functionality and will be more usable for
large symbol collections.

If I'm not wrong, core functionality offers tags, groups and some other nice
features. As reasult one can create complex search criteria. In other hand
solution available in Processing is very simple (AFAIK it was developed as
temporary solution until core functionality is not merged).

Just my 2c.

> Il 21/10/2014 21:59, kimaidou ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think we could use the same feature as in processing for sharing scripts and
>> models. It is based on a git repository, and works quite well. It would be
>> sraitforward for devs to add icons, and users would be able to choose which icon set
>> they want to download and then upgrade.
>
> Hi Michael,
> sounds interesting, as it avoids entirely the complexity of a web-based application,
> and could be implemented soon, with minimal effort. This holds true for symbols and
> styles as well.
> Any comment? Any taker?
> All the best.
> --