[Qgis-developer] Which saga version in osgeo4w

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Oct 24 11:29:59 PDT 2014

Il 24/10/2014 07:49, Victor Olaya ha scritto:
> The problem is that each version has plenty of changes: modules that disappear or
> change name, parameters that are renamed for no reason, etc. It's a lot of work to
> keep track of them. The person writing that post has found a patch for _one_
> algorithm and for _one_ version (2.1.2). There are +300 algorithms, and we support 2
> versions, but not 2.1.2 yet and not the upcoming 2.1.3, which has a lot of changes in
> syntax.
>
> The idea for the future is to support the latest one, and we have already talked to
> the SAGA team to avoid those changes if not really needed. We also were considering
> the option of forking the project and freezing it, so we use our own SAGA and we have
> no issues when a new one is released (specially in linux)

Hi all.
After a 3-days course, mostly on Processing, I must say this is not really the case:
several modules did not work in 2.0.8, while they worked in 2.1.
It would be nice to clear up the situation, and provide a more predictable
environment for users and developers alike, but I imagine this would have to be
postponed to post 2.6 release (unless we can profit from the extra week we have for
fixing & testing).
All the best, and thanks.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu