[Qgis-developer] Delay 2.6 release?..

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Sat Oct 25 05:32:55 PDT 2014

> +1
>
> I would also prefer an extra week for testing/bug fixing.
>
> Also, the list of "high priority" bugs is still very long. We should not
> only fix blockers, but also some of the "high" ones. There are some
> "high priority" bugs with crashes or severe malfunctioning.
>
> Andreas

* today a very "odd"  issue has been reported, and I'm not sure is not
intended behaviour (I hope not)

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/11485

* a bad issue is this one

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/7540

basically is pretty easy to loose features after
editing/removing/adding a shapefile.

I would like also to discuss about this

* speaking about shapefiles

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/11007

long story short: edited shapefiles in QGIS (with the reshape tool,
the split features tool and others) are saved in a "inconsistent"
state (even when removed from the project) and other gis software
(tested many, OS and closed) have issues with them (they show
supposedly deleted features, throw errors because of the different
number of features and records, etc.). Saving the shapefile into a
copy "fixes" the issue.  A patch in OGR, that will be available in
gdal/ogr 2 solves the issue, but only if closing the qgis project or
removing the shapefile from the project. If a user edits a shape and
copy/send it to another person (to be opened in a different software),
without closing the project or removing the shape from it, then the
shape will still be corrupted.

cheers

-- G --