[Qgis-developer] Vector equivalent of a VRT

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Sun Oct 26 03:35:29 PDT 2014

Hi

zoltans-MBOXMv9ChCPu3wEYkePUmQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:

>>> Yep. Looking at it now - thanks Alexia as well.
>>>
>>> -1 for me not trying harder before posting :-)
>>

>> Make that -2 for forgetting that someone mentioned the fact that you can
>> have vector vrt's to you before on the QGIS mailing list  :-)
>>

> +100 from me if you promise to build a QGIS plugin for the purpose ;-)
>
> Greetings,
>
> André Joost

We could build something - at least for the use case where you want to
create a mosaic of shp files that have the same attributes... But i have to
wonder if there is much point - just importing them into spatialite or
postgis seems like a much nicer approach. You could always dump out
spatially separated shapefiles again from postgis.

Regards

Tim