[Qgis-developer] Vector equivalent of a VRT

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Sun Oct 26 04:05:37 PDT 2014

Am 26.10.2014 um 11:35 schrieb Tim Sutton:

> We could build something - at least for the use case where you want to
> create a mosaic of shp files that have the same attributes... But i have to
> wonder if there is much point - just importing them into spatialite or
> postgis seems like a much nicer approach. You could always dump out
> spatially separated shapefiles again from postgis.

I thought of a vector vrt driver as first part of creating GeoPDF from
vector and raster layers, as described in
http://latuviitta.org/documents/Geospatial_PDF_maps_from_OSM_with_GDAL.pdf
which is still much handwork.

Up to now, only Raster export to GeoPDF is possible via GDAL.

Greetings,
André Joost