[Qgis-developer] size of translations, use a distinct repo?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Oct 29 04:15:07 PDT 2014

Hi Denis,

On Wed, 29. Oct 2014 at 11:08:16 +0100, Denis Rouzaud wrote:
> Any thoughts?

I guess this is just due to the "location filename" stuff.  That often causes
massive change in the ts files, because lines were added or removed from the
source files - even if there isn't even a changed translation.

I think that is not used at all for transifex and it's not that important to
have in linguist either.

So instead of inventing something new, all it takes might be to add "-locations
none" to our lupdate call, reduce the size of the .ts files a lot (in one huge
commit) and avoid useless tracking of location changes in the future.

Objections?

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode